[Herddb-dev] [ANNOUNCE] HerdDB 0.7.0 Released !

Enrico Olivelli eolivelli at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 12:51:03 CEST 2018

Hi all,
I am proud to announce a new release of HerdDB.

We are continuing the clean up work about reducing memory allocations and
memory copies.
We have introduced a new wire protocol based on Google FlatBuffers.
This new protocol allows a better usage of resources on the client and on
the server (mostrlt zero copy, a part from java.lang.String) and it will be
easier to extend in the future, now that we have a written IDL for the wire
protocol.

This is the last time we are changing in a non compatble way the wire
protocol so you have to upgrade both the client and the servers in order to
make it work.

As replication mostly works on BookKeeper you should not have problems in
case of in sync followers, the only problem will be for followers which
need to download a full tablespace snapshot , in this case you will have to
upgrade both the follower and the leader in order to make the download work.

Enrico