[Herddb-dev] Herddb entry on dbdb.io

Alessandro Luccaroni - Diennea alessandro.luccaroni at diennea.com
Thu Jun 27 16:09:17 CEST 2019

Hi all,
I was thinking about sending an email to Carnagie Mellon Database Group about the entry of Herddb on https://dbdb.io/db/herddb

I've grouped up a bunch of information about Herd, can you check if everything seems correct?

Checkpoints =  "Consistent" (https://github.com/diennea/herddb/wiki/Data-storage https://github.com/diennea/herddb/wiki/Checkpoints-configuration)
Foreign Keys = "Not Supported" (https://github.com/diennea/herddb/wiki/SQL-Support)
Data Model = "Relational"  (https://github.com/diennea/herddb/wiki/SQL-Support)
Indexes =  "B-Link" "BRIN" (https://github.com/diennea/herddb/blob/master/herddb-utils/src/main/java/herddb/index/blink/BLink.java https://github.com/diennea/herddb/tree/master/herddb-core/src/main/java/herddb/index/brin)
Isolation Levels = "Read Committed" (https://github.com/diennea/herddb/wiki/SQL-Support)
Joins = "Nested Loop join" (https://github.com/diennea/herddb/wiki/SQL-Support)
Query Interface = "SQL" "Command-line/Shell" (https://github.com/diennea/herddb/wiki/SQL-Support)
Storage Architecture = "Hybrid"
Storage Model = "Key/Value" "N-ary Storage Model (Row/Record)" (https://github.com/diennea/herddb/wiki/Data-storage)
Storage Organization = "Log-structured" "Heaps" (https://github.com/diennea/herddb/wiki/Data-storage)
Stored Procedures = "Not Supported" (https://github.com/diennea/herddb/wiki/SQL-Support)
System Architecture =  "Shared-Nothing" (https://github.com/diennea/herddb/wiki/Replication)
Views = "Not Supported" (https://github.com/diennea/herddb/wiki/SQL-Support)

I'm still in doubt about some other definition, see below with some "option" using the dbdb.io "nomenclature":

"Concurrency Control"

1)      Deterministic Concurrency Control

2)      Multi-version Concurrency Control (MVCC)

3)      Optimistic Concurrency Control (OCC)

4)      Timestamp Ordering

5)      Two-Phase Locking (Deadlock Detection)

6)      Two-Phase Locking (Deadlock Prevention)

"Query Compilation"

1)      Code Generation

2)      JIT Compilation

3)      Not Supported

4)      Stored Procedure Compilation

"Query Execution"

1)      Materialized Model

2)      Tuple-at-a-Time Model

3)      Vectorized Model

But we could also use some terminology that is not currently cover (for example currently there are no DBMS mapped with either BRIN or B-Link indexes, but we support them).

Alessandro Luccaroni
Platform Manager @ Diennea - MagNews
Tel.: (+39) 0546 066100 Int. 924 - Mob.: (+39) 393 7273519
Viale G.Marconi 30/14 - 48018 Faenza (RA) - Italy

CONFIDENTIALITY & PRIVACY NOTICE
This e-mail (including any attachments) is strictly confidential and may also contain privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorised to read, print, save, process or disclose this message. If you have received this message by mistake, please inform the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail, its attachments and any copies. Any use, distribution, reproduction or disclosure by any person other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and the person responsible may incur in penalties.
The use of this e-mail is only for professional purposes; there is no guarantee that the correspondence towards this e-mail will be read only by the recipient, because, under certain circumstances, there may be a need to access this email by third subjects belonging to the Company.